AN ORDINANCE AMENDING CHAPTER 42 OF THE LOUISVILLE METRO CODE OF
ORDINANCES REGARDING USE OF METRO OWNED PARKS.
Sponsors:Primary David James (D-6), Primary Barbara Shanklin (D-2), Primary Cindi Fowler
(D-14), Primary Nicole George (D-21) and Additional Amy Holton Stewart (D-25)
A motion was made by Vice Chair Peden, seconded by Committee Member
Holton Stewart, that this Ordinance be recommended for approval.
The following spoke to this item:
- Council President James
- Chair Fowler
- Committee Member Holton Stewart
- Council Member Hollander
- Vice Chair Peden
- Committee Member Parker
The following was discussed:
- Metro Council Members and other Metro Government agencies would not be
required to pay the city for activities within the parks
- Metro Council is currently being charged for using park items they purchased
- Question about whether there are exceptions when parks are used free of
- Question about what is considered a Metro Council event, and when should
the Metro Council be charged for events
- Question about whether Metro Council has to pay for special events,
historical events, and Metro Council sponsored events in the parks
- The Mayor is not charged for sponsored events in the parks
- Question about whether there is a need to discuss budget implications with
Metro Parks and the Office of Management and Budget
- Question about putting limits on the number of events and who would
- Metro Council events held in the parks are currently submitted annually
- Question about whether tax payers are being charged for events for which
they should not be charged
Committee Member Holton Stewart requested to be added as a co-sponsor.
A motion was made by Committee Member Parker, seconded by Committee
Member Holton Stewart, that this Ordinance be tabled.
The motion to table carried by a voice vote.
Without objection, Chair Fowler adjourned the meeting at 3:22 p.m.